Monday, August 13, 2007

Frogs' Eggs Pudding


This is from my friend Sara's blog . it sounds great and i plan on making some soon. just thought i would share :)





freshly made bowl of Frogs' Eggs Pudding which is also warm. Mmm. So good.

I'm sure it's got another name but that's the name my sisters and I gave to this dessert from our childhood. When my Mom was up here this last spring, I watched her make it and committed the recipe to heart. I've since made it half a dozen times much to Chris' eye rolling since he hates bananas in all forms. Here's the approximate recipe:

1 can coconut milk
1/2 C. white sugar
2 ripe plantain bananas, chopped
1/4 C. dried bulgar wheat, boiled until soft, drained
1/3 C. small tapioca pearls, boiled until most pearls still have a little white dot in the middle, drained

In a pot, mix coconut milk and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add plantains, stir and simmer for about 30 minutes until plantains are cooked, sweet and exuded some of their starch into the milk. Take off heat and add bulgar wheat and tapioca pearls, stir well. Serve warm. Serves about 6. To keep, freeze individual serving sizes in tupperware. Defrost/reheat in a microwave.